Monday, December 13 • 7:00PM
NEW LOCATION – 2336 N. 64th Street
Expand your joy without expanding your baking efforts. Join in the 6th Annual East Towne Cookie Exchange and your one big batch of cookies will become a fantastic variety of cookies to share and enjoy.
Giving and receiving cookies at the holidays is a tradition—not just because we love little green and red spritz cookies with sprinkles or peanut butter cookies with a great big Hershey’s Kiss in the middle. Yes—we love cookies. And, the most delightful, most decadent cookies seem to have their own special time of year to shine.
The neighborhood cookie exchange offers you a chance to pass on a true act of love—the giving homemade treasures. Taking time to bake with joy is a gift to the bakers. Giving gifts of cookies is an expression of thanks, friendship and love. Enjoying these wonderful treats with family and friends is a simple moment of bliss.
Do you have a friend or family member who loves cookies but doesn’t live in the neighborhood? Invite them to join us. Everyone is welcome.
Here’s what you do:
- Pick your favorite cookie recipe.
- Register by December 11th. Call or Email Dawn Zehren 414/727-2873 or DZehren@Shorewest.com.
- Make six dozen cookies (often a double batch) and bring them to the exchange. Do NOT separate or package cookies in bunches. DO bring a large container to take your mix of cookies home in. (Extra or broken cookies? Bring them to the exchange for nibbling.)
Here’s what you get:
- A wonderful assortment of cookies – with the simple effort of one recipe.
- A few hours off to really enjoy the giving spirit of the holiday season. Sip cider and nibble cookies while sharing laughter and stories with your neighbors.
- Bonus Option – Plan to give lots of cookies as gifts? Need more than just six dozen? Easy answer. Make two, or three different recipes of cookies, a batch of six dozen each. Bring 12 dozen, take 12 dozen. Bring 18 dozen, take 18 dozen. You choose. Just tell Dawn when you register.