For the past several years, the Tosa East Towne Neighborhood Association has funded a scholarship which is awarded to a neighborhood high school senior who is planning on furthering his or her education in applying for trade school, technical college, four-year college or university. The scholarship committee awards the scholarship to the applicant who best exemplifies the TETNA philosophy. See previous winners.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Application Form
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, community, church leaders or others who can discuss your character and accomplishments
- On separate paper answer the following questions. Please number your answers to correspond to this application
- What extracurricular, community or volunteer activities did you participate in during high school? Please provide a list of these activities on the form provided.
- Please give a brief description of your duties/responsibilities of the three activities most important to you. Include the reason of its importance to you.
- The TETNA Scholarship is intended to recognize neighborhood high school seniors whose activities demonstrate support for the Association’s philosophy: To provide a welcoming and nurturing environment and to maintain the quality of life and sense of community through shared interests and neighborly interaction. Please describe in an essay how your participation in a community, church and/or other activities embodies the above philosophy.
Please return this completed application to Nicole Etter NO LATER THAN 3:30 P.M., ON SATURDAY, MARCH 5, 2016.
Please help grow Scholarship Fund
The scholarship is funded through the generous donations of our members, area businesses, and by concession sales at the annual Block Party & Movie Night. Click the Donate button below if you would like to give to the Scholarship Fund.