SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, October 25, 2014
6:30 – 8:30 pm, Rain or Shine
More details to come soon!
Saturday, October 26, 2013
6:30 – 8:30 pm, Rain or Shine
Every year our association organizes a safe and fun nighttime Trick or Treat alternative to the city of Wauwatosa’s daytime event. So pull out your costumes, candy buckets and spooky faces to stroll the designated Trick or Treat blocks!
This event is for TETNA members’ children ages 14 years and under. Not a
TETNA member yet? Come register for the event and sign up to be a member!
At the time of registration, please bring the membership dues of $10, completed
2013-2014 Annual Household Registration Form and a 50 piece bag of
candy per child. The bag (s) of candy must be individually wrapped, factory
sealed. Interested in handing out candy from your house? Come to the registration and sign up!
Membership Has Its Privileges
Due to insurance restrictions we do not offer a non-member participation option. This event is not open to people who live outside our neighborhood and people who actively choose not to be members. Contact Jason Odrzywolski, East Towne president, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this policy.
When and Where to Register
Tuesday, Oct. 22, 6:30 – 8:00PM
Thursday, Oct. 24, 6:30 – 8:00PM
Saturday, Oct. 26, 8:30 – 10:00AM
Bethany Calvary Church, 7265 W. Center Street
Enter through the doors on Center Street and look for the signs.
Bring to Registration
- $10 membership dues.
- Completed Registration Form
- Candy donation: one large individually-wrapped, factory-sealed bag of candy per child. Bags must be at least 50 pieces of candy or more for each child. For example 2 children = 100 pieces of candy, 4 children = 200 pieces of candy, etc. Donate candy that you and your family would enjoy.
- Optional Bethany Calvary Church’s food pantry donation: including canned goods, dry foods, or personal care items.
Take Home from Registration
- Glow sticks for each registered child
- Information sheet
- Halloween sign for participating homes
- Candy supply for candy distributors
Volunteers Needed – Registration & Crossing Guards
Volunteers are needed during registration to help keep the process moving smoothly and quickly.
We also need some crossing guards during the event to help keep kids safe crossing the busy streets. If your home is not in the designated area, but you would like to distribute candy, please consider volunteering as a crossing guard at an intersection. Get into the spirit and wear a costume if you like! Adults and teens can help… this is a fun service project for scout troops, church groups, etc.
Click here to sign up to help via VolunteerSpot. Thank you!
Trick or Treat Blocks
2400 and 2500 Blocks from 62nd to 67th and 69th to 73rd Streets. The blocks closest to Center Street and North Avenue, and all of 68th Street are excluded for traffic safety reasons.
No Tricks—Only Treats
- This is a family event, so please behave accordingly.
- For safety, all children must be accompanied by an adult while trick or treating.
- Respect for neighbors and their property is a key aspect of the quality of life in East Towne. Please don’t leave candy wrappers (or anything else) on neighbor’s lawns.
- Registered children should wear their glow sticks. Parents with children 3 and under may choose to carry their child’s glow sticks. It is up to the candy distributor’s discretion on whether to provide candy to unregistered children not wearing glow sticks.
If you don’t have children participating in the event, you can still hand out candy at your house. Just come to the registration, pay the $10 membership dues and you will receive candy to distribute. The Trick or Treat area includes: 2400 and 2500 Blocks from 62nd to 67th and 69th to 73rd Streets. The blocks closest to Center Street and North Avenue, and all of 68th Street are excluded for traffic safety reasons.