December 7, 2014
7 — 9 pm
Center Street Park Pavillion
Join your neighbors Monday, December 7th at the Center Street Park Pavilion for a Holiday Social and Cookie Exchange to kick off the holiday season. We will bring the park building to life with our most interesting holiday decor (feel free to bring yours to share) and a roaring fire to ward off winter’s chill. During the party, we will sample our treats, drink some hot cocoa or coffee, compare holiday traditions and discuss our plans for outdoor holiday displays.
The cookies don’t need to be fancy – just make up your favorite recipe, or try a new one. Get together with a neighbor and bake together. The more bakers we have, the better!
Here’s what you do:
- Pick your favorite cookie recipe.
- Make eight dozen cookies and bring them to the exchange. Do NOT separate or package cookies in bunches. DO bring a large container to take your mix of cookies home in. (Extra or broken cookies? Bring them to the exchange for nibbling.)
Here’s what you get:
- A wonderful assortment of cookies – with the simple effort of one recipe.
- A few hours to really enjoy the giving spirit of the holiday season.
- Nibble cookies while sharing laughter and stories with your neighbors.
Not planning on baking but you still want to be part of the fun? No problem! Make up your favorite holiday appetizer or other treat to share and come socialize with the rest of us. There will be cookies to sample for all. Maybe you will be inspired to try baking one of the new recipes you discover. However, only those who bring cookies will be invited to take cookies home.
Please call Christina Piel at 414-257-2571 with any questions. Happy baking!